Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Welcome!

Hello!

I'd like to dedicate this first post to welcoming you and telling you a little bit about this blog and what it is about. As the title suggests, I will be going to Guatemala for a semester this year. I am very excited for the opportunity and I'm looking forward to all the things I will experience and learn. This blog is to share those things with you! That being said, I may find it appropriate to add other information, thoughts, or news about myself, as this is a blog about me.

The format will look a little like this: I will try to make regular updates (weekly or bi-monthly) about what I'm up to and what I'm experiencing. Also, I will be posting a few pictures on this blog. If you wish to see more pictures, I will probably be posting them on Facebook (link below). I will have Twitter updates going more frequently than the blog posts.

My email address (below) is available to you to send in questions or things you would like to know about my study experience, the country, or anything else. Depending on the question, I will make a post about it. Also, feel free to comment below the posts.

Do not hesitate to tell your friends about this blog! There are share links below each post, so share it up! This blog is designed for my family and friends to keep up with me, but also to give students a good idea of what studying abroad is like, what Guatemala is like, and this specific program!

As I am not yet in Guatemala, I will not be posting very regularly for a month or two. As the departure gets closer, I will be posting more. So do not fear! I will be promoting the blog to friends, family, and students who may be interested. If you subscribe and realize that I am not posting much, just be patient and I'll post.

Evan

2 comments:

  1. Evan,
    Aaron and I are so glad you made it to Guatemala all safe and whatnot :)

    Here is my question: what is your most favorite experience so far?

    <3 Katie & Aaron Gibson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    Thanks for following an posting!

    So far, my favorite experience in Guatemala, although hard to determine, has been seeing the different ruins around the city and exploring!

    ReplyDelete